Jul 23 2012
Tweetbot is by far the most appreciated and publicly loved Twitter client out there. Tweetbot is currently available only for the iPhone and iPad.
Talks about a Mac version being in development have been around for quite a while now.
Tapbots, the people behind Tweetbot have just released an alpha version for public testing. So there might be some bugs here and there.
● Notifications for mentions, follows, retweets, favorites (10.8 only)
● Go to User (command-u)
● Option to open links in background (see preferences)
● Less intrusive tweet action overlay icons
● Double-click tweets in timeline now takes you to status detail
● Fixed some contextual menu issues in direct message conversations
● Fixed pull-to-refresh and scrolling to top issue when loading new results
● Tweetmarker will now set your timeline position on app startup always
● Fixed bugs and crashers related to composing tweets.
● Made large and huge fonts bigger
● Can swipe the empty space in a conversation to go back to previous view
● Can close image window with command-w (also space and esc)
● Menu shortcuts added to profile view: Command-d (direct message) and command-r (reply)
From my testing, I can say that its pretty stable for daily use. Everything feels smooth enough.
Go ahead give it a try, it’s free!
Check out some screenshots below: