Mar 17 2012
The Apple AppStore is now probably the most extensive application repository with apps for almost anything!
I’ve personally been looking around for an app to remind me of my friends birthdays, there were tons of alternatives but none which provided me with just the right blend of features I was looking for.
1. Facebook friends birthday fetching: Since almost all of my friends are on Facebook, fetching data from Facebook was what I was looking for.
2. Adding Entries to the iPhone’s Calendar: This was important to me since I want reminders set not just on my iPhone, but also to every device (including Android) and Google calendar syncing was one of the most required feature.
3. Locally set Notifications: Another obvious feature was that I should be reminded of my friends birthdays automatically without me needing to do anything!
4. Wishing on Facebook: Posting on the birthday boy/girl’s wall was also something I wanted to be able to do.
5. A Beaufitul interface!: This one was of the most importance to me. The app HAD to be have a beautiful UX.
Being an iPhone developer myself, I thought that this would be a good (personal) first app and something which would be useful to others as well.
Birthdays for iPhone is now available on the AppStore. I strongly suggest you go buy it simply cause I couldn’t find any other birthday reminder app that had just the perfect blend of the above 5 core features!
Specially for the readers of this blog, I’m giving out 7 free copies.
Simply Tweet this post and I’ll send out promo codes for this app to any 7 randomly selected people!
Check out some of the screenshots after the break: