Dec 20 2011
Redsn0w, the ever so reliable jail-breaking tool for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users, has just been updated to version 0.9.9b9b, and brings a couple of new things to the fore. With this new release, the Dev-team has concentrated on the actual software from Apple.
Here’s an excerpt from the complete change log:
Update: A bunch of new features!
- uses DFU mode to try to automatically determine which device and FW you have
- fetches pieces of public IPSWs from Apple (once). Non-public IPSWs must be provided manually (once). It then caches those pieces for future use.
- “Just boot” is a tethered boot. Uses whatever “Preferences” you’ve set for boot logo and kernel boot-args
- “Pwned DFU” puts your device in a pwned DFU state for some of the iTunes stuff detailed below
- “Recovery fix” gets past 1015 types of errors (when baseband portion of restore fails). Should work on iOS5 beta too
- “Select IPSW” is for picking non-public IPSWs, or overriding auto-detection
- “SHSH blobs” has a bunch of options…
- “Fetch” – fetch current PARTIAL blobs on device. Should complete in under 10 or 15 seconds. Puts the set of PARTIAL of blobs on your computer as a plist. Checks if Cydia already has a full set for this device and build. If not, it submits this PARTIAL set and returns Cydia’s acknowledgement or rejection
- “Verify” – cryptographically verifies existing blob files from either redsn0w, TinyUmbrella, or Cydia server. You can select a whole bunch of blobs to verify at once if you want (like the TinyUmbrella directory)
- “Submit” – both verifies and submits one or more blob files to Cydia. This lets you copy your entire TinyUmbrella cache of blobs up to the Cydia server
- “Query” - queries the Cydia server for all available FULL or PARTIAL blobs for a given set of ECIDs
- “Stitch” – stitches either FULL or PARTIAL blobs to a STOCK or CUSTOM IPSW
- Version 0.9.9b2 has been released with fixes and enhancements related to: Verizon iPhone4 firmware detection, Fix Recovery, Stitching, and blob processing. If you encountered a problem with any of these in the b1 version, please try b2 and leave any feedback below!
- redsn0w has been updated to 0.9.9b3 to auto-detect iOS5 GM firmware. Remember: it’s still tethered for all devices except for iPhone 3GS with old bootrom. If you don’t use redsn0w to “Just boot” at power up, all jailbreak apps (and even some native ones like MobileSafari) will fail to launch.
Here are the download links: