Dec 8 2011
On Wednesday, Apple revealed a new update to its iBooks iOS app, with new features like night-time reading theme, full-screen layout, new fonts and an improved annotation palette. iBooks is an amazing way to download and read books.
iBooks includes the iBookstore, where you can download the latest best-selling books or your favorite classics – day or night.
Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages.
According to Apple, the new update includes stability and performance improvements, and boasts the following features:
- Night-time reading theme makes reading books in the dark easier on the eyes.
- Full-screen layout lets you focus on the words without distraction.
- iBooks now features an improved selection of fonts, including Athelas, Charter, Iowa, and Seravek.
- Beautiful new classic covers for public domain books.
- A redesigned annotation palette makes it easier to choose a color for your highlighted text.
iBooks 1.5 for iPhone and iPad is available in the App store starting from Wednesday.
The free 20.7 Mb download (iTunes link) requires iOS 4.2 or later. You will also need Apple ID to download from iBookStore.