Nov 6 2011
There are many wanna be Mac OSX users who always try to bring the Mac OSX experience on their non Apple based computers using some Themes or Transformation packs or just use a Virtualization software to install Mac OSX on their laptops or desktops running Windows OS.
And then there are the others who take a slightly different route and try their best to natively install the Mac OS X on their Windows based computers. The process to natively install Mac OSX on normal non apple machine is Hackintosh, but the procedure to do it is not a piece of cake and involves some compromises as well.
But then there are geniuses like Tony who are always upto something new in technology and bringing the Mac OSX experience onto your Windows based PC(Desktop or Laptop).He has now introduced UniBeast all-in-one bootable USB drive to allow PC users to enjoy Mac OSX on their hardware natively.
Here’s what you have to do to install Mac OSX on your Desktop/Laptop using USB Drive:
- 8GB or more USB Drive
- UniBeast Tool
Step 1: Create a Bootable USB Drive using the Unibeast Utility by using the following method:
- Plug in the USB Drive
- Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
- Highlight USB drive in left sidebar on which you want to make the Mac OSX Bootable
- Click Partition tab and then click on current and choose 1 Partition.
- After that Click on Options and select the Master Boot Record option
- Enter the Name for the USB Drive.
- Format should be set to Mac OS Extended
- Click Apply and after that Click on Partition
- If you are using the Install Mac OS X Lion Application, it must be in /Applications folder
- If you are using the OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive, drive should be plugged in and mounted
- Download and run UniBeast and then select Continue, Continue, Continue, Agree options respectively
- Select Destination as USB and click Continue
- If you are using the Mac App Store ”Install Mac OS X Lion” App then choose that option
- If you are using the Apple Store “OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive” then choose that option
- If you are using a laptop, choose Laptop Support in addition to one of the above options
- Then Click Continue and Enter the Password and hit Install
Step 2: Set the First Boot Device as the USB Drive From the BIOS Menu
Step 3: At Chimera Boot Screen, choose USB-HDD
Step4: At the Installer Screen proceed with following steps:
- Choose the Desired Language
- In the top of the menu-bar choose Utilities, and open Disk Utility
- Highlight your target hard drive on which the Mac OSX Lion has to be installed from the left column
- Then Click on the Partition tab
- Then Click the Current option and choose 1 Partition and then click on Options
- Choose the GUID Partition Method
- On the Name option type Lion
- On the Format option choose Mac OS Extended
- Click Apply and then Click on Partition
- Now Close the Disk Utility
- When prompted by the installer about the location of install, choose Lion, or your existing install
- Upon completion of the installation restart the system
- Now you are almost done with the installation,but since the drive is not bootable yet,so now boot from the USB again, this time choose Lion
Choose the Boot Device Priority as USB-HDD
At Chimera Boot Screen, choose your new Lion installation.
Step 5: So now after doing all the above steps use MultiBeast to enable boot from hard drive, and install support for Audio, Network, and Graphics drivers,it also includes the System Utilities to rebuild caches and repair permissions and a collection of drivers, bootloaders, config files and handy software.MultiBeast can also be used to install some additional drivers like the Ethernet,graphics or other device drivers.
Here are the steps for the MultiBeast:
1. Complete Mac OS X Lion setup.
2. When you arrive at desktop, open Safari
3. Browse to tonymacx86.com and log in. If you don’t have a user account, create one!
4. Go to tonymacx86.com/downloads to download the latest MultiBeast
5. Go to the DSDT Database to download your motherboard’s DSDT
6. Open Downloads folder and move the .aml file to the Desktop
7. Open and run Multibeast’s UserDSDT
8. Restart system.
So by this time you should have successfully installed Mac OSX Lion on your Windows Based Laptop/Desktop.If you are getting any problems in the installation process you can always refer the tonymacx86 Forum for all your solutions.