Oct 27 2011
Not a few days back Apple released the 4.4 and 4.4.1 update for its Apple TV. It’s rather unusual to see updates getting pushed so frequently. Apple has now released another update – 4.4.2 for its Apple TV line.
In the recently launched Steve Jobs Biography, Steve mentioned the next big focus would be on Apple manufactured TV sets. It thus makes some sense to see Apple focusing so much on making their current iOS for Apple TV better.
The change log of new Apple TV 4.4.2 Update is:
- Audio playback: Addresses an issue in which audio is not output when playing some video content.
- Video playback: Addresses an issue in which video is not displayed when playing some content.
- Audio output setting: Adds an audio output setting for switching to 16-bit audio for compatibility with some TVs and AV receivers.
- Live FF/RW improvements: Improves the performance of fast-forwarding and rewinding live events.
- Movie description: Addresses an issue in which the description information is not displayed for some movies.
- YouTube video order: Addresses an issue in which YouTube subscription videos were not ordered by date.