Jul 25 2011
I faced this peculiar issue after I performed the Lion upgrade wherein Pushing the “Lock to prevent further changes” in System Preferences just wouldn’t work.
All it did after clicking was to change the icon for a split second and go back to the unlocked state.
Well I found the solution which finally fixed the issue for me.
Step 1: Open Disk Utility > Select your Macintosh HD > Perform a Permission Repair
- Open System Preferences
- Go to Security and Privacy
- Click the Lock to make changes and Enter your Login credentials
- Make sure “Require an administrator password to access system preferences with lock icons” is Checked.
- If it was already ticked, untick it and tick it again.
- The problem should now be solved!