Jan 2 2009
The day many iPhone owners were waiting for has finally arrived. The day when their iPhones would finally get salvation ! Dev Team today launched its much awaited Free Software Unlock codenamed “Yellowsn0w” for the iPhone 3G.
Now you can use any SIM Cardof any Network in your iPhone 3G.
Follow these Steps to Unlock your iPhone 3G :
1. Using iTunes, upgrade your iPhone 3G to Firmware 2.2 !
2. Once you’re on Firmware 2.2, Download Quickpwn 2.2 then follow the Onscreen steps to Jailbreak your iPhone 3G.
3. Once the Jailbreak Process is complete and your iPhone is booted up, you’ll see Cydia on the Home Screen.
4. Open Cydia, it will tell you to Upgrade, Upgrade the Essentials. After Upgrade of Cydia, run it again.
5. Now goto Manage > Sources > Edit > Add.
Now Enter: http://apt9.yellowsn0w.com/ and click Add Source.
6. That it. Now install Yellow Snow from Cydia and your iPhone 3G should be Unlocked.
NOTE : The current version of Yellowsn0w 0.9.1 is said to have a pretty high failure rate. This has worked for a lot of people but there are quite a bunch of people for whom it didn’t work. So I recommend you try this on your own risk.